CS Global Consultancy Ltd. (“CSGC”) is committed to protect and keep any personal data received by CSGC in a strict confidential manner. Hence, CSGC makes sure that the policies in relation to the collection, use, retention and maintenance of personal data comply with the requirement of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong SAR. The following policies on privacy are applicable to all websites directly operated by CSGC.
User is requested to read this privacy statement carefully so as to ensure that you understand how CSGC handles user’s personal data when user is using CSGC website and the services in connection therewith. If user continues to use CSGC’s website, it represents user’s acceptance to the liability and policies listed hereunder. CSGC may amend, vary or add to the policies at any time without notice to the user. User is requested to check CSGC’s website regularly for the relevant policies. If user continues to use CSGC’s website after the amendment of the policies, it is deemed that user accepts the relevant amendment/variation.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
- CSGC mainly collects and keeps user’s personal data in the situations that user registers as a CSGC member or when user conducts on-line registration.
- CSGC will not sell, trade or disclose user’s personal data to any third parties without the user’s prior consent or notice to the user. Only authorized staff of CSGC can have access to user’s personal information for administrative purposes. CSGC may have to disclose such information in compliance with legal requirements of governmental agencies or otherwise where disclosure is required by operation of law.
- Data collected in the process of on-line registration will be added to CSGC’s proprietary data base for statistical and data analysis. The user’s personal data will not be revealed. CSGC is the owner and proprietor of the results generated from such statistical analysis.
- CSGC may use user’s data, such as e-mail address or contact address, to introduce or communicate to the user regarding CSGC’s services, events or functions.
- Whenever users logs on to the CSGC website, CSGC’s network servers will automatically verify the domain name and IP address. CSGC shall reserve the right to use such data for visitor flow statistical and data analysis.
Security of Collected Data
- When user visits CSGC website, CSGC will only record the user’s visit, but not the user’s personal data unless otherwise stated.
- All personal data that user provides to CSGC is secured on CSGC website with restricted access by authorized personnel only.
- After user registers as a CSGC member, member shall create his/her own password thus he/she can have access to add, amend and store member’s personal data on CSGC website. CSGC reserves the right to verify the accuracy of any data submitted by member.
- CSGC’s system shall ensure that access to personal data is only permitted by using such password.
- Member is responsible for maintaining the security of such password and not to reveal the password to any third parties.
- Members should avoid storing such password in the computer hard disk, and member must close the browser window immediately after logging out so as to prevent the leakage of personal data.
- Although CSGC undertakes to protect the confidentiality of personal data stored in the system of CSGC and take reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality, CSGC does not warrant the safety and security of data transmission. In the event that member becomes aware of any unauthorized disclosure of member personal data, please contact CSGC immediately.
- When users visit CSGC’s website, CSGC will record and trace the relevant data containing user’s browsing preferences (i.e. ‘cookies’), so that the website will be displayed according to the user’s viewing habits.
- User may refuse to accept cookies, but such acts may interfere with user’s ability to use some of the functions on CSGC’s website.